~~~Letter K~~~
My Mom was completely and absolutely awesome about reading books to us as a kids. She always loved books, and she's passed on her love and respect of not just stories, but for tangible-carefully-turn-the-pages, hold it close to your heart books. She jokes that she has a possession problem and just like having books, but I love it about her. I am not anywhere near as well-read as she is (or my siblings either for that matter...) but I still enjoy books of all kinds with her.
x
Both of us love good picture books. I remember my Mom reading to us on this funky brown wooden couch with funny woven cushions. I can picture her very clearly sitting in the hallway outside our room (and then my brother's room) and reading to us while we were supposed to falling asleep. I remember Heckedy Peg, Strega Nona, The Blue Balloon, Clifford, The Whale's Song, Animalia and so many more.
I remember her taking us to the library occasionally and letting us choose some book to borrow for a while. My favorite book to check out was King Bidgood's In The Bathtub. This story was just so fun to read... it has beautiful pictures and a cute little story to it. It still makes me smile to just think about it.
Tell me about a book that you loved as a kid... or even one of your favorite's now and you can absolutely be entered into my Seriously-Could-You-Just-Finish-All-Of-This Contest! :D
My Mom was completely and absolutely awesome about reading books to us as a kids. She always loved books, and she's passed on her love and respect of not just stories, but for tangible-carefully-turn-the-pages, hold it close to your heart books. She jokes that she has a possession problem and just like having books, but I love it about her. I am not anywhere near as well-read as she is (or my siblings either for that matter...) but I still enjoy books of all kinds with her.x
Both of us love good picture books. I remember my Mom reading to us on this funky brown wooden couch with funny woven cushions. I can picture her very clearly sitting in the hallway outside our room (and then my brother's room) and reading to us while we were supposed to falling asleep. I remember Heckedy Peg, Strega Nona, The Blue Balloon, Clifford, The Whale's Song, Animalia and so many more.
I remember her taking us to the library occasionally and letting us choose some book to borrow for a while. My favorite book to check out was King Bidgood's In The Bathtub. This story was just so fun to read... it has beautiful pictures and a cute little story to it. It still makes me smile to just think about it.
Tell me about a book that you loved as a kid... or even one of your favorite's now and you can absolutely be entered into my Seriously-Could-You-Just-Finish-All-Of-This Contest! :D
4 comments:
I loved "The Boxcar Children"' "Charolette's Web", Sweet Valley High" books, and many many more. As a mom now my girls and I really enjoy "Fancy Nancy"!
I love books like most women love chocolate. You have to have some every day. I buy books like some women buy shoes. I have no control at all! (Though I don't like paying full price. That would come from the fact that I got SOOO many free books as a teacher through book orders. I can't imagine paying more than $10 for ANY book!)
Going to the library is so much fun. I love picking random books that become my favorites.
Anna loves books too. She has been really into some books about a robot named Otto lately. It is so cute. She walks around the house saying, "Otto, Otto!"
Your "bathtub" book sounds like it needs to be next on my list.
I love King Bidgoods in the Bathtub too. We read all the time growing up and I still loving reading now. Right now I'm reading Fablehaven 5. I just finished the Percy Jackson series. I'm also reading the People Code for our neighborhood book group. You and your mom should come to book group. We would love to have you! April 20th at 7 pm at Chery Shaw's home.
Nice Alice in Wonderland title there. You still need to see that new movie.
As for what books? When I was in second grade, I loved the Littles.
Post a Comment