Saturday, February 13, 2010

Iceberg... Straight Ahead... (#13)

~~~Letter I~~~

I asked Nate to tell me a word that starts with I so I could write a post about it. After vetoing irrelevant, impossible and some other not-so-easy-to-post-about words I told him he had to pick a NOUN! Then he said... ICEBERG!

First that made me think of the restaurant Iceberg! If Nate were going to write this post for me he would call it "Satan's Playground" and talk about the fateful day when they ROYALLY screwed up our order. In their defense... we WERE the ones that came like 5 seconds before they were closing. I still like the place... despite some of the weird experiences I've had there.

Another time I ate at Iceberg (one of the first times probably) I was with some of my girl friends. I ordered a Root Beer shake. When we sat down to eat... my shake tasted like caramel. My friends tasted it and agreed that I didn't get the right shake. My brave friend Becca took it back up and asked them to try again. They did. It still tasted like Caramel. I told her it was fine... not a big deal... but she wouldn't let me eat their mistake. She said I should get what I paid for. She told them it was still wrong and to check their flavors and make sure they didn't mix them up or label them wrong. Finally she told them to just make me something they couldn't get wrong. I got an Oreo shake that time! ;)

They've got super tasty fat fries... they've won best in the state probably a million times. My Mom adores their onion rings. They have little-kid-ish classics like grilled cheese sandwiches that make me smile. And back to their shakes... they're huge. I order the smallest size and I always stick some in the freezer for later. Now I'm done with my unsolicited plug for Iceberg.


I COULD have told you about how icebergs only have like 10% of their total mass above the water. Or I COULD have told you that I like the old version of "Titanic" wAAAy better than the Leo/Kate version. I COULD have told you that I only just saw it the other day because I've been postponing it all these years... and I still found myself not watching it and messing around on the computer as a subconscious way of avoiding it... still.

But aren't you glad I told you about food instead! ;)

Remember to leave a comment relating to ANYthing I've posted here as part of my Copying Kali Giveaway! You can even go back to each of the posts during February and be entered again! My Mom, Jillian, and Juli are doing it to... sooo blog hop around and enter a few places! Then you could win prizes from all over! YAY! Comment on!

9 comments:

April said...

YEah...I avoided Titanic night.

And I think I know exactly what we're having for dinner tonight D:D:D:

Kathy said...

The word Iceberg makes me think of "Titanic". Weird!

Julie Baldwin said...

...I like The Purple Turtle more than Iceberg. Turtles are also cuter than icebergs. Besides, when was the last time that you heard that a turtle ripped a hole in a ship and made it sink?

The Mommy-Files said...

I had to really think about it, but I think I remember the Iceberg Restaurant. It's in Utah right? LOL!

Stacey said...

I've been to Iceberg only once. I don't get to go there (or other fast foods) much now because my hubby's a vegetarian. I kinda liked the modern Titanic movie, however, why do they have to take some tragedy and put crap in it, that's my question.

Jillian said...

We went to Iceberg the night before Dane went on his mission too, remember? That was good :)

Kali said...

ah! i totally remember when i begged my mom to take me to titanic in 5th grade with rebecca stott. and she covered our eyes during the bad parts. ha ha ha and we officially had the hugest crush ever on leonardo dicaprio.

also, i do not have an iceburg. so i would appreciate you not making me crave such food. ;)

Team Parker said...

Icebergs are pretty much amazing, you should go to Alaska and visist them oh and the glaciers too... totally worth it!

Launi said...

The original Titanic makes me cry my head off. So, so sad.

I do need some onion rings...I mean...no, I don't.