Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Candyman Can... (#24)


~~~Letter C~~~

There are three important things that you should know about me (that start with the letter C at least) and here they are...
1) I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Religion is a large part of my life. I try to live in a way that reflects the life of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am not perfect, but I know that through Him, I can be. I know that anything I am or can be, is because of Him. I feel blessed to be a member of the LDS church. I work to live it's teachings and doctrine. I hope that people live to find peace and happiness in their life... for me that comes through my Savior, Jesus Christ.

2) Nate and I are amazing cookie makers. We make the perfect Cookie Couple. Our specialty is cut out sugar cookies. He makes the dough, I pick the shapes. He cuts them out and cooks them. I help him take them off the pans and I watch them cool. (Ok, so I slack on the watching them cool part...heh. I don't think anyone watches them cool.) He makes the icing, oh, but I picked the colors! I ice the cookies. He spoils me... I totally get all the fun parts of cooking making. We both do a good job at eating the cookies too!

3) I am made out of candy. Literally. When my Mom was pregnant with me she craved Skittles, Starbursts and Lemon Heads. I love candy. When I was younger... that's what my money was spent on. Now, I buy scrap booking supplies and party supplies along with my candy! ;) I still enjoy candy... wait, that sounds too non-committal. I still LOVE candy, I'm just trying to pretend to be a grown up and eat better for Baby Chomp's sake! I want her to be healthy and be able to look to me as an example. Don't worry though, I will pass on good eating habits along with important snacking skills. You know... stuff like "There is a difference between your licorice" and "All chocolate is not created equally." "Five fruits a day" is a good one too... especially since there are five different fruit flavors in each package of Skittles! ;) heh. Don't call DCFS on me yet... I PROMISE she eats well! She's tried lots of different veggies and I do a pretty good job limiting her treats. I'm even working on curbing mine. Even with the balancing act in the works, I still know and love my treats... that's for sure! *:D*

Ok... there you go! Some more randomness about me! We're getting closer to the last days of February FIBS!!! Not that the posts are Fibs... just the dates! ;) Enter by leaving a comment! Or just email me your address, seriously, and I'll send you a prize! :D

2 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

We discovered this weekend that Anna, our sweet little veggie lover, the girl who only crushes cookies.... LOVES candy. Way to go Easter Bunny! :) While she was napping today I emptied all the Easter eggs and baskets and put the candy away so she can't see it. Hopefully she will not walk around saying, "candy, candy, candy" anymore.

Kathy said...

I want some of your cookies! I have never tasted them.