Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I'm Sonic... Click On Me For HEYELP"... (#9)

When I was in 9th grade I had a pet hedgehog. I thought she was the best pet ever! It was fun having a unique pet. When people would find out about it they would always ask if it's name was Sonic. It wasn't. I named her Libby.

We would find her worms and potato bugs to have as a treat. We would let her run around in the yard. I would put her in the front pocket of my overalls.

Whenever she tried something new she would spit some of it back out onto herself... no one is sure why, but some hedgehog expert somewhere thinks that it has something to do with them being immune to poison. A hedgehog can get bit by a rattlesnake and be fine... unless the rattlesnake punctures something vital.

So if you're ever playing some RPG, or meet a genie or fairy or other magically inclined being who says they'll turn you into something, or give you some ability... remember that if you think you'll be encountering a lot of poison in the near future, you should probably turn into a hedgehog.

I know I would. ;)

Remember to leave a comment relating to ANYthing I've posted here as part of my Copying Kali Giveaway! My Mom, Jillian, and Juli are doing it to... sooo blog hop around and enter a few places! Then you could win prizes from all over! YAY! Comment on!

8 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

So the the Nephites didn't need to make a Lamanite drink the poison wine, they just needed a hedgehog.

Kathy said...

I love it! I miss Libby.

Kali said...

so i basically think its so cool that you had a pet hedgehog. but i don't even know what that is!

Stacey said...

I always wanted a unique and different pet, I love all kinds of little fuzzy creatures. I had a rat for a week. (My mom made me give it away, but it was so cute!) LOL

Team Parker said...

Lyndi! I have a hedgehog right now, her name is jane and she is the cutest thing ever, She has aball she runs around in the travels like nobody's business!

Summer Owens said...

Hedgehogs are so cute! What a fun pet.

Jillian said...

(Plug your nose then say) "Watch out for Dr. Robotnic. He could steal your Annnn-sers."

I miss having hedgehogs in the house, but I do love the chinchilla!

Launi said...

Well, I'm not turning into anything that has to spit--thank you very much. I'll take my chances with the poison and keep my dignity.
Hmmmph.