~~~Letter R~~~
I like food. I like comfort food. I watch those Food Network shows about all the random hole-in-the-wall places you can get some serious homemade downright tasty eats... and then I add those restaurants to my perpetual Christmas List under the section "To Visit" (actually it's a section called "The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of" since this is supposed to be full disclosure kind of post!)
When it comes to eating out around here, I like lots of different places and food even though my friends and family think I'm boring. I love pasta, I can easily find something to enjoy at a Mexican restaurant, and I love American food. I don't feel like I'm picky, though I have been described that way... me, picky?!? Nah... I like to call it particular. I won't send my food back if it's wrong, I just have to talk myself out of pouting about it! ;) There have been times when I haven't eaten something because it wasn't quite how I wanted it... but that's because I tend to eat for taste, not just to eat.
So are you wondering yet why I'm putting this all under the Letter R?!? Well... because I'm going to give you a list of some restaurants that I just love. It's not in any particular order, and it's not comprehensive (like that's possible). So, for your blog-viewing pleasure, I give you...
When it comes to eating out around here, I like lots of different places and food even though my friends and family think I'm boring. I love pasta, I can easily find something to enjoy at a Mexican restaurant, and I love American food. I don't feel like I'm picky, though I have been described that way... me, picky?!? Nah... I like to call it particular. I won't send my food back if it's wrong, I just have to talk myself out of pouting about it! ;) There have been times when I haven't eaten something because it wasn't quite how I wanted it... but that's because I tend to eat for taste, not just to eat.
So are you wondering yet why I'm putting this all under the Letter R?!? Well... because I'm going to give you a list of some restaurants that I just love. It's not in any particular order, and it's not comprehensive (like that's possible). So, for your blog-viewing pleasure, I give you...
Some Of Lyndi's Favorite Restaurants:
*Pizza Factory*
*Taco Amigo*
*Taco Amigo*
*Brick Oven*
*Pirate Island Pizza*
*Carnival Cruise Lido Deck*
(Floating restaurants count)
*Ricardo's* RIP
*Sizzler*
*Kneader's*
*Rocky Mountain Drive Inn*
*Chick-Fil-A*
*Dairy Queen*
*Pizza Hut*
*Say Cheese* RIP
*Papa Murphy's*
*Sensuous Sandwich* (Thanks for the reminder Julie!)
Other Places That Lyndi Likes To Eat But Aren't Exactly Restaurants:
*Daylight Donuts*
*Coldstone*
*Costco Food Court*
*Baskin Robbins*
*Snowie Shack*
*Theater/Concession Nachos*
Ok... I know I could go on and on, but this is a pretty good long list and I'm making myself hungry. :P Just know I like food and eating at restaurants can be fun. :) Let me know what you think of some of these place and I'll enter you in my Longest Running Contest of Doom. Pretty much anyone who will send me their address will "win" something random from me. :D I'm almost done... promise.
*Pirate Island Pizza*
*Carnival Cruise Lido Deck*
(Floating restaurants count)
*Ricardo's* RIP
*Sizzler*
*Kneader's*
*Rocky Mountain Drive Inn*
*Chick-Fil-A*
*Dairy Queen*
*Pizza Hut*
*Say Cheese* RIP
*Papa Murphy's*
*Sensuous Sandwich* (Thanks for the reminder Julie!)
Other Places That Lyndi Likes To Eat But Aren't Exactly Restaurants:
*Daylight Donuts*
*Coldstone*
*Costco Food Court*
*Baskin Robbins*
*Snowie Shack*
*Theater/Concession Nachos*
Ok... I know I could go on and on, but this is a pretty good long list and I'm making myself hungry. :P Just know I like food and eating at restaurants can be fun. :) Let me know what you think of some of these place and I'll enter you in my Longest Running Contest of Doom. Pretty much anyone who will send me their address will "win" something random from me. :D I'm almost done... promise.
6 comments:
I love food too, and since my husband started cooking I have tasted more of a variety of it than ever in my life. He makes all different cuisines for us to try and I feel he is so very good at it that there aren't many restaurants I feel can live up to his cooking anymore.
But of course I still enjoy good old comfort foods. Foods I've loved since I was a kid and forever will even if they're crap just because of the memories. My favorite places to eat out are:
* Carls Jr.
* Del Taco (Oh their thick icy shakes are incredible)
* Checkers
* Andy Nelson's Barbecue
Sadly Carl's Jr. and Del Taco aren't out this way but I'll be in Utah soon. Another thing they sell in Utah that they don't here are Hostess jelly filled powdered donuts. Oh, those are my ultimate pitfall!!
You totally need to add Cracker Barrel to that list! YUM!!!
Contest of Doom??? This is one of the highlights of my day, no doom involved.
Food, I love food. I was just telling Devin that we haven't been to Brick Oven forever. I'm a big pizza girl. Here are a few other favorites.
Pizza-Brick Oven or Pizza Factory or Craigo's in Idaho.
Italian-Olive Garden (soup and bread sticks and salad and fantastic pasta too!)
Sandwiches-- Sensuous Sandwiches --OH MY STARS I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!
That is just a few. I love food!
Go meeeeat!
I said a beef hot link, I said a beef hot link, I said a brat beef kielbassa hot smoked sausage cheddar wurst!
GO MEAT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wr0tGP_0
Uhhhh, I love food, too. :D
Bruce, that's hilarious. Nice commercial. I've heard of it, but never seen it.
I agree with you though. Food is good. I have a hard time justifying restaurants though because the groceries are just as good to me, but they are good when it happens :)
RICARDOS!! oh my.
i think i was in a serious depression when they closed! seriously?! how did more people not know about that place and eat there and keep it in business?
so so so sad.
and now no one makes mexican food like they did. it will just never compare right?
Post a Comment