Wednesday, February 3, 2010

La La La La Lamp Post... (#3)

I went to Random.org and put in 2 (since I used letter #1, A, yesterday) through 26, and it picked magical number 12. That is...

~Letter L~

This made me think of a couple random things... which I will tell you ALL about now!

***Lemons***

I love lemon flavored things! My favorite pie from Village Inn is their Lemon Supreme. Countrytime Lemonade helped me stop drinking carbonation. I still like lemonade and other lemon flavored drink. You can usually find Lemonheads somewhere in our house... especially since my Mom really like them too. She says she ate those, along with Skittle and Starbursts, while she was pregnant with me. When a restaurant puts a lemon in my drink, I eat it. I love lemons!


***Licorice***



I love licorice! I've started liking it more, aka craving it, AFTER I had Baby Chomp. Nate would ask if we needed anything at the store and I would always tell him licorice. Lately I've been into Strawberry Twizzlers. When we were in New York I found THE perfect treat... EXTRA LONG TWIZZLERS! They weren't kidding either! They were HUGE! So great! I'm fine with Red Vines too. I know for some people it's usually one or the other, but I like both. Black licorice is ok. I'd rather eat another flavor, but if it came down to a Man vs. Food challenge against black licorice, I could still win. Chocolate licorice is a little weird, but I could eat that too. Oh, but I DON'T like Pull-n-Peel. Ick.


***Lyndi***

I love my name! I really enjoyed and even appreciated not having the same name as 5 other people in my elementary class. I liked having something unique. It took me a long time to meet anyone else with my name, and funny enough, it was one of my best friends SISTER! Even then, she spelled it differently. I heard of plenty of people with my same name, and I know that there are people who even spell it the same way now, but it was fun while it lasted! I'm a fan of unique names, but completely understand people picking more traditional names for their own children. It probably makes it easier when someone is guessing how to spell/pronounce their name. For me though, my name was/is perfect for me!


Remember to leave a comment that relates to something I just posted about as part of my February Get-To-Know-Me Posts and Giveaway... inspired by Kali! My Mom, my sister Jillian and new blog friend Juli are participating too, so check our their blogs and be entered in their giveaways too!!! Comment away!!!

13 comments:

Jillian said...

"Lamp post--this is fun!--la la la la LUMP IN MY OATMEAL!"

Good memories. Do you remember when my email was lalalalalemons with Juno? That's just a classic song! Love it. Not the biggest fan of lemon, but I do like that song!

Julie Baldwin said...

I love lemon flavored sugar cookies. YUMMY YUMMY!!!

Amy said...

this is a great post and idea..

Kathy said...

Lemons? Really? I am a lime person!

Team Parker said...

I had no idea you love lemons! Lyndi you are so unique! I enjoy almost anything with sugar in it. My name though wasnt unique when i was growing up. But now as I'm older I rarely run into another Amy. Which its great cuz it's wonderful to be the only one like you!

*juli* said...

I love my name, too!!! While there are a lot of Julie's in the world, there are not too many Juli's. I love being unique. :)
p.s.
don't forget if you give me a shoutout with a link to my blog, you get 5 extra entries. And for every comment I recieve letting me know they found my blog through you, you get an extra entry per person :)

And don't you worry. I'll be commenting on your blog everyday. I'm gonna win this thing!!!!
I'm really enjoying getting to know you!

Kali said...

aahhh i can't handle lemons and that scrunched up thing they do to my face.
BUT i did see my sister in law give her 2 year old son a lemon once and it was HILARIOUS. (you should try it with baby chomp sometime...ha ha ha) am i mean?

Kali said...

p.s. sorry to keep doing this to you but i don't know how else to get a hold of jillian... but can you just tell her in the spot where i'm supposed to click where it says "post a comment" it doesn't let me click. i dont know if its just me?

Ali Walston said...

I La la la Love you! I'm so glad to find out more about what your preference is. This is so much fun.
We prefer twizzlers. Do you like lemon bars?

Stacey said...

Sorry, I'm blog stalking, lol. I hate pull-n-peel too, ick is right! But I do love all the other licorice stuff! Even black licorice, YUM! Love it! And Country time lemonade - YUM! Thanks for letting me participate, I love these contests!

Launi said...

Pretty big fan of L's myself. :]
And I love lemons. We have an incredible lemon bread recipe over at my silly blog--which is positively mouth watering.
Also, when I was a little girl one of my favorite cartoons was Little LuLu. She was lilting and lovely.

ha!

Jillian said...

I totally forget to mention my connection with Ls... my middle name Leigh!

Cynthia said...

Remind me sometime and I will sing you a song about lemons that my grandpa sings. And then maybe I'll recite his poem about the skunk.

Also, when I was four years old I got some strawberry flavored chap stick for christmas. I ate it. Pull-n-Peel tastes just like that chapstick did. Sweet when you are a four year old, but gross when you grow up.

And finally, I love that your name is unique. I think I've met two "Lindys" but no other "Lyndis". Way to go Lyndi's mom! :)