Sunday, February 7, 2010

T for Two and Two for T... (#7)

Random Letter of the Day=

~~~Letter T~~~

The very first thing that popped into my head with this letter was turtle! I used to collect all thing frog, monkey or turtle. I had a table and my whole window ledge filled with frogs, a whole shelf in my closet full of monkeys, and another shelf in my closet dedicated to turtles! I don't have too many knick-knacks or stuffed animals left from those days... but I still think turtles are pretty cute!

I remember my brother had a real turtle named Franklin when we were younger. He took it on the trampoline and bounced around with it. I'm not really sure the turtle liked it, but it's still kinda funny to think about. He eventually escaped our crazy house... so don't go calling Animal Protective Services on us!!! ;)

I remember one year at Young Women's Camp there was this freaking hilarious girl from my ward who went around most of the week saying "Tur-tle, Tur-tle" while she would scrunch her shoulders up and down as she said it. She was quoting some movie that I hadn't seen, and for sure don't remember now, but she had me laughing about it ALL week long.

What do YOU think of when you think of Turtles?!?

Remember to leave a comment relating to ANYthing I've posted here as part of my Copying Kali Giveaway! My Mom, Jillian, and Juli are doing it to... sooo blog hop around and enter a few places! Then you could win prizes from all over! YAY! Comment on!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I love turtles, I always wanted one! My mom said they had a couple of turtles growing up but they always ran away - funny huh! A turtle running away! And I remember what movie you're talking about with Dana Carvey....something Disguise....oh, what's the title?!

Kathy said...

I think of the cartoon, "Franklin". It is a really cute show.

Amy said...

My Mom has a turtle pond....

Have a great day..

Round Robin is this Friday.

Julie Baldwin said...

I think of pizza and a really cool theme song.

Team Parker said...

My brother used to have a turtle too! He loved to make it swim in the tub!

Kali said...

oh man. girls camp.
those are my favorite memories! we had so much fun didn't we? and pretty sure you thought rebecca and i were insane. and we were.

Jillian said...

The movie was "The Master of Disguise." Never seen it, but Google has ;)

Girls camp was the best--and Kali, we just love you guys!

Cynthia said...

I think of Nate's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles party a few years ago where I was first introduced to one of my favorite songs. "Go Ninja, go Ninja, go ninja, go!"

And I think about my 11 year old cousin's pet turtle, Mr. T.

And I think about a story I heard where one girl in my ward was pet-sitting another girls pet turtle (I don't know what the turtle's name was. Sorry.) and the turtle got out, and got lost. Girl A and her family searched all over but couldn't find the turtle. So they told girl B how sorry they were and felt bad for a long time until weeks (or months) later when they found the turtle (alive) in a closet. Yay! :)