~~~Letter Y~~~




Back when I was a kid (or officially a kid since I'm really not sure that I'll ever think of myself as a grown up) we had some pretty funny computer games. There was one about a heroic wet dog, one about a Lie creature that keeps growing because SOMEbody won't tell the truth. We even had one about magic beans.
Then there was "Yolanda Yellsalot"; the compelling adventure of a naughty little girl who yells everywhere she goes and disrupts everyone and everything until she learns to knock it off my the end of the story/game. This was one of my favorites. I instantly thought of it when today's letter turned out to be "Y"! Jillian, the boys and I would play these games and just laugh at all the random things she would yell about, and all the fun things you could click on! My friends and I would even read through the story to get to certain pages and play the games.
There was one part where Yolanda Yellsalot is in a restaurant and she doesn't want to order anything because she doesn't like anything. She makes comments about whats wrong with everything and she wouldn't touch this or that. We like playing on that page because the waiter had SUCH a funny voice! I can still remember one of my friends imitating how he said "ONION RINGS"... with more of a "OHN-YAWN RINGS" sound to it! It makes me laugh.
The Letter Y is awesome. I LOVE having one in my name. I snuck one into Baby Chomp's middle name. I even have a friend who pointed out there are NEVER enough Y's in sticker packs because if they only include 2 Y's... you can't even spell out "Happy Birthday Lyndi"! GOOD POINT! So now we give each other Y gifts!!! I love the Letter Y!!!
Remember to leave a comment relating to ANYthing I've posted here as part of my Copying Kali Giveaway! My Mom, Jillian, and Juli are doing it to... sooo blog hop around and enter a few places! Then you could win prizes from all over! YAY! Comment on!
Then there was "Yolanda Yellsalot"; the compelling adventure of a naughty little girl who yells everywhere she goes and disrupts everyone and everything until she learns to knock it off my the end of the story/game. This was one of my favorites. I instantly thought of it when today's letter turned out to be "Y"! Jillian, the boys and I would play these games and just laugh at all the random things she would yell about, and all the fun things you could click on! My friends and I would even read through the story to get to certain pages and play the games.
There was one part where Yolanda Yellsalot is in a restaurant and she doesn't want to order anything because she doesn't like anything. She makes comments about whats wrong with everything and she wouldn't touch this or that. We like playing on that page because the waiter had SUCH a funny voice! I can still remember one of my friends imitating how he said "ONION RINGS"... with more of a "OHN-YAWN RINGS" sound to it! It makes me laugh.
The Letter Y is awesome. I LOVE having one in my name. I snuck one into Baby Chomp's middle name. I even have a friend who pointed out there are NEVER enough Y's in sticker packs because if they only include 2 Y's... you can't even spell out "Happy Birthday Lyndi"! GOOD POINT! So now we give each other Y gifts!!! I love the Letter Y!!!
Remember to leave a comment relating to ANYthing I've posted here as part of my Copying Kali Giveaway! My Mom, Jillian, and Juli are doing it to... sooo blog hop around and enter a few places! Then you could win prizes from all over! YAY! Comment on!
9 comments:
Been a fan of onion rings for a long time now--whole onions, not minced. Jack in the Box used to have good ones. Apollo Burger's are heavenly and Sonic's are enormous--and wonderful. Except that one time--they made them with the wrong onions--you know, the kind that makes you cry? They were horrible, because seriously, no one can eat a whole mouthful of those kinds of onions. What were they trying to do--kill me?
Sheesh.
I can't BELIEVE that you found this!!! Ahhhh! I love it!! I instantly thought of the dinner scene too when you brought it up. Yolanda's loud voice attempting to whisper in a yell, "What smells?" and "Corn on de cob" along with the amazing onion rings... love it!
Oh, and just so you know, it's interesting that you should be talking about onions in your post. Wait til after work when I'll post what's on MY mind ;)
Until I was about 21 my favorite color was yellow. Now I really LOVE the color orange.
I went to your mom's blog and the Buckeye Bars look so good. I think I might have to make some.
We played a lot of random computer games as kids. It is usually the theme music that somehow finds its way into dinner conversation.
I used to have a letter "y" in my first name...but we changed it back. So instead of Alyssa, we went back to Alissa. It was fun to have the "y" in my name for a little while. One of my favorite snacks that starts with a Y is Yoplait yogurt (Talon's eating some right now). I dislike all the other yogurts, but love Yoplait creamy yogurt. Yummm.
i always thought that maybe people would say my name right if only there was a Y in it. You know..."kayli" instead of "kali". but i guess i was just always meant to confuse people.
when i was younger i used to play this game where you had to kill flies by clicking the crap out of your mouse. I think we went through 3 computer mice before the game "mysteriously" disappeared. Pretty sure my mom threw it away. Anyway, I was addicted to this game. yep. i was addicted to killing virtual flies with a virtual fly-swatter. oh the joys of computer games.
I have a y in my first name and it is amazing! No other letter could replace my Y!!
I have a Y in my name too!
Post a Comment