*You have to wake up really early to get ready to go... or just be ok traveling in your 'jammies!
*You are grateful for in-laws who will drive you to the airport so you don't have to leave your car all alone in the big, scary, Long-Term Parking Lot.
*You really throw the Airline workers for a loop when you show up with THREE babies in one row. Apparently, it's near criminal to travel with children. ;) (They should just say on the website when you're buying tickets that they don't want that many babies in one place at a time... instead of switching our seats 17 thousand times. Just a suggestion... It might just end up helping everyone involved!)
*Being stuck in the same place for hours at a time, crossing your fingers that the gentlemen around you (how did I get a seat where I was COMPLETELY surrounded by men) don't mind that you are going to nurse your baby whenever you/she feels like it... and that they don't cross the line too far the other direction and be too interested either.
*Being extremely glad when the very first person you sit by is a polite stranger from Georgia, who was on his way home and not phased by our baby at all. We were complete Noob-Traveling-Parents... but Baby and stranger both did great. (He even let Nate use the earphones someone left in the pocket in front of him.) Bless you, Georgia Man... I hope the sun shines bright on every other flight you take!
*Documenting as best you can the effects of Cabin Fever on Husband! (And you thought I was going to say something about the baby!)
*Saying a silent prayer (AKA... pleading with Heavenly Father) that you will be ok sitting alone with the baby at the front of the plane... separated from your husband and family (remember the drama with the 3 babies in one row) at the back of the plane... next to a stranger who looks VERY busy keeping to herself, reading a book that is already making her cry.
*Being sick with fear when the flight attendant tells you that your carry-on (AKA Diaper Bag) can't be at your feet, because there isn't a seat in front of you (just a wall dividing the Peasants from the Serfs) and taking it and shoving it under a seat a row up and to the left of you.
*Being in complete awe at how fast prayers can be answered and being overwhelmed with comfort, gratitude, relief when you hear your Mom's voice coming from behind you as she rushes up the aisle saying "There's room in the back... there's an empty seat between the babies, so if it's our time to go... there will be enough masks for everyone after all!" (Or something like that!)
*Being able to unbuckle your seat-belt, sucking-it-in past Crying Book Lady, grabbing your Diaper Bag, and hauling it to the back before anyone has time to ruin the miracle by making you sit down because the plane is taking off!
*Waving to your nephew or niece as they walk by with their Mom en route to have a stretch/diaper change/change of scenery!
*Letting your 6 month old have the most microscopic taste of your in-flight snack cookie and ice, and learning that she is completely happy to sleep through as much of the flight as possible... and knowing we're lucky to have such a sweet and content baby!
*Taking a deep breathe and finding a way to relax when you start to feel like you're on a roller coaster, instead of a plane... and not blaming your husband for making the comparison since he likes roller coasters and you don't. Deeeeeeep breaths.
*Finding out that the adventure doesn't start when you land... but as soon as you start planning the trip!
11 comments:
Sound like me when I travel on the plane. I travel by myself with my little one. I get looks and I just am like you were little once to. Have a great day.
man alive. You are so cute. I hate traveling. I like getting places. But getting there is a pain!
Good for you for remembering all this stuff. I nearly forgot that that was the best flight of all. We were all together. You just did not belong at the front of that plane. Phew.
The best part of any trip is the memories. It sounds like you made many!
Oh Lyndi your family is cute and you think of all this stuff that people forget about the second they get off the plane. I thought it was awesome that is it for now Love, Amy
I love planes. They just do something amazing for me... I feel bad though that because of the baby rule in the rows I wasn't really able to help you guys out with any of the 3 kids. We'll plan better next time!
I'm glad you got to sit by your family again!
You are so cute. I love reading your blogs they are so fun. Sounds like a great plane trip. ;). also sounds like you have a great baby.
oh gosh... that was definitely an adventure
and thanks so much for entering my giveaway!!!
Sounds like Heavenly Father really was watching over you right then! What an adventure!! And what a sweet baby!!!!!!!!!
Hey you have a blog!!!!!!! News to me! Excellent excellent. Awesome plane chain of events thingy. I dug the way in which you listed said events. Fun reading-ness-es.
Post a Comment