Saturday, January 31, 2009

New and Different

January tends to drag it's feet in my world. It's always seemed to be extra long and... sadly... extra dark. It's usually gray and soggy. It tries hard to be great by starting out with New Year's, but technically... that celebration is in December. We usually stop celebrating it once January gets here. January brings obligatory goals that haunt me through the coming days and weeks and remind me of my mediocrity. January is cold. January is dirty and sad and makes me long for the sunshine or fresh snow to cover up the drudge.

But this January has been sooo, SOOO different.

This January has sparkled. This January has moved it's feet swift and sure and I find myself looking back only to see that all of it is gone. This January has been covered in beautiful clean snow. This January has looked bright and promising and almost warm, even if that is only from the inside looking out on the cold.

This January has brought hope and real life resolutions, that come with out having to be written down or even spoken out loud. This January is full of promise and speed and joy. January has brought knowledge and learning and lessons. This January brought strength I didn't know I had, strength I didn't know I was surrounded by, and strength I didn't know how badly I needed.

This January brought me love. It reminded me of the love I've been lucky enough to have enjoyed so fully in my life already. This January saw love swelling and growing in ways I couldn't imagine. This January established love that will last longer than I can comprehend.

This brand new January has brought anticipation, excitement, joy, hope, questions, smiles, answers, tears, hugs, kisses, delight, reflection, prayer, honor, and emotion... more so than all the January's I've ever experienced.

This January is something I will remember in many different ways. This January still has me thinking and learning and growing. This January I worked hard and was lifted up by people I have become able to love, understand and appreciate more so than ever before. This January will represent something grand and strong and amazing in my heart and soul and mind from now on. This January has become a sparkling treasure I didn't expect, and am still not convinced I deserve.

This January blessed me with my sweet baby girl.


Kensington Dantzyl Thomas. Born safe and gentle, right at home.
9 pounds 3 ounces. 21 and 1/2 inches long.

The sparkle in my January.

8 comments:

Launi said...

That was so beautiful...
You make me cry.You were strong and wonderful.
I love you.

susette said...

She is soooo very precious. What a great mom you will be to this sweet little bundle.

Kathy said...

I just love that. You are so wonderful. Kensington is just so beautiful! You are so blessed!

candiceshawnshepherd said...

WOW... that was awesome! Lyndi- you are such a wonderful example to me, of having such an amazing attitude about everything and being about to radiate happiness! I still can't get over the fact that you had your precious little girl at home! 9 lbs of baby- man you're my hero! She really is so beautiful!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Precious! I love you Lyndi and miss you tonz. Congrats on the baby. She is adorable.

Alex said...

Thank you for letting me know you had FINALLY posted about your beautiful baby! I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you had her, I know I could have learned so much! You are such a beautiful person and Mother and I am grateful to call you my friend!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Congratulations! That is one sweet and adorable little blossom you have there. I didn't get at first why this January was so much more wonderful to you at first, until I saw the picture of her...so small and snuggly (yes, even a 9 lb baby is small). Enjoy these early months. They go by much too quickly.
:~D

Kristen said...

She's so cute!