Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Almost January...

Introducing my new background!!! This reminds me of January... all snowy and blue! :) I like it. Funny part about it... it's called Christmas Time. Meh. Oh well. It works for me!

January... can you believe it?!? It's nearly 2009!!! Someone more in charge of this planet than me is speeding things up... I just KNOW it! I remember VERY clearly celebrating the "FIRST NEW YEARS OF THE NEW MILLENIUM" and just about every FIRST we could think of labeling that day (including the first kiss from Becca's Mom of the New Millenium, My First Nose Bleed of the New Millenium... and Nate told me he loved me for the First time that Millenium, and ever actually!!!)

But that couldn't rEEEally have been NINE years ago, could it?!?

I imagine that the earth is starting to look more and more like a little kids
top... but instead of spinning and gradually slowing down, I really truly think someone is turning it faster and faster. How else can you explain the days sneaking by sooo fast?!? How else can it be the end of another great year?!? How on EARTH do you explain the fact that my little (well... younger) brother is graduating from high school this spring, that the twins will be ONE in a couple of weeks and that my own little squishy Baby Chomp will be here sooner than soon! :)

Someone spinning the top folks... I'm telling ya... the days really are getting shorter and the years are spinning right on by.

11 comments:

RebeccaVert said...

That is the best explanation i have heard yet!!! I will stick with that....but Lyndi...when my kids start to learn about the earths rotation in school..... i'm sending them your way to explain why the teacher told them that it wasn't true!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm with ya man. I know I can't believe how fast things are going. Remember how long it used to take to get to Christmas at all? And how LONG Christmas vacation was?

Sigh.

Launi said...

I always say...Heavenly Father has his finger on the fast forward button. That is how it feels. A spinning top is a lovely image.

LyndiLou said...

Becca... You just make me smile!!! I'd be happy to try and explain my weird ways to your kids! ;) Ha ha ha!!!

April... I remember when Christmas Eve would just drag on FOREVER!!! Even after we went to a movie... the day was just TOO long. NOW, Christmas is here sooo fast! I love it, but it's seems hard to savor it all sometimes.

Mom... Thanks for looking at my blog! :) Heavenly Father is TOTALLY fast-forwarding things!!! He must've seen this one before! ;) heh.

susette said...

I agree, I agree!! Wait till your kids are all heading out the door and leaving you lonely :( Where did the time go???

Shauna said...

~HAPPY NEW YEAR~ Just a reminder come visit my blog to get your free signed 8x10 David Bowman print soon! The offer ends Mon. Jan. 5th 2009 at noon! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Kristen said...

I didn't know that you played Barbies with Meg, but I bet she loved it. I like your new winter background, but I would be happy if it was a little warmer outside. I have that highchair I need to bring by sometime. Hope you are feeling well.

Ann said...

I absolutely agree with you. I remember screaming "Happy 2000" a million times and waiting for the collapse of the world due to Y2K. How much longer til your baby gets here?

Shauna said...

Hope you have a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs :)

Alex said...

lyndi, I love this post but...I need a post from you about being a mom...I check back so often it's embaresing. I can't wait!

Katrina said...

Hey congrats on the baby! I want to see pictures!!!!!