Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rings On Her Fingers...


I love rings. I don't remember when it started... but I feel like I've probably always been wearing at least one. These days though... I have one on nearly EVERY finger. I never really had an aspiration to have a that many, it's just happened. The rings I wear have changed over the years... but the 8 I have on now, I've had for a while. I hope I don't sound greedy or vain... it's just something I love.

Since they make me happy... I've decided to explain where I got each one!





First up... My wedding band and engagement ring. Nate proposed to me on February 7th, 2004. I saw my engagement ring for the first time when he was putting it on my finger. I was amazed! I think it's completely gorgeous and I felt (and still feel) sooo lucky to receive something so beautiful. It melted my heart to realize how well he knew me and was able to pick out a ring that I adored. He showed me the wedding band before the wedding... but I put it on for keeps on May 21st, 2004! (That's right... over 5 years ago now!!!) I wear both of them all the time on my left hand ring finger. I love how they sparkle. It was always flattering when people would compliment me on my ring. I love Nate, and it's nice to have something so great to represent us and our marriage. I don't wear rings on either of my surrounding fingers. I want to keep my wedding rings safe by not letting them clink into other rings, and I want them to stand apart!









On my left hand, pointer finger is my star ring. I got this one from Nate too... in a round about way. He gave me a gift certificate (another thing I love!) to The Silver Loft in the University Mall and that's what I picked out! I love stars. I especially like them in jewelry and on clothes and shoes.








On my right thumb I have a Celtic ring. I got it at a Scottish Festival... at Thanksgiving Point... I think. My Grandpa is 100% Scottish and I LOVE that part of my heritage! I would love to go to Scotland someday... especially since Nate served his mission there. While some people think bagpipes are goofy or annoying... I love them. I get chills when I hear an authentic piece played with Scottish pride! I love this ring because it reminds me of all of these things.










Next up... my class ring. I got it as a present from my dad for graduating High School. It has my signature engraved on the inside, and underneath the stone is a peace sign. I chose green because of the school colors (the others were white and blue), my class was assigned green. One side has a Timber Wolf and my graduating year, and the other side says "Friends" because that is one of the greatest things I took away from high school. The ring on my middle finger is from my Senior year A Capella tour to New York City. Nate and I found it among the random things you can get from street vendors. I remember he wanted to buy it for me, but I didn't let him. I wanted him to find something for himself... He didn't. I ended up giving him a sweatshirt that I got. Doesn't really matter now... since all our stuff is mixed up all together! I love peace signs love. I've had my phases of wearing tie-dye, and I have multiple school pictures with peace earrings. Maybe I was born in the wrong era!







My right ring finger has a black coral ring from our honeymoon to Hawaii. How funny is it that right after I get married, after I JUST got two new rings, I get another ring before we've been married a whole week! Oh... love. We must have really been in love. I just looked up the website for the store we got my ring from... and I don't remember it being that much. Wow. Remind me to tell Nate thanks again! ;) Moving on to my very last ring... my only yellow gold ring. My Mom gave me this ring for Christmas one year. It's actually a CTR ring... but the "CTR" has almost worn off. Now that I think about it, it's probably the oldest ring that I wear. I used to wear multiple CTR rings, including French, American Sign Language, and Glow-in-the-Dark... but this is the only one I wear these days. Well... and the one on my toe.

But that's another story...

6 comments:

candiceshawnshepherd said...

I have never known you without rings, so it was really fun to hear the stories behind some of them! I think almost every picture I have of you in 9th grade- you are wearing a tie-dye shirt with ur peace earrings ;) I especially love how you can see your sweet baby's hands in the background of the pics- a future ring wearer in training...

Katrina said...

I have always loved that you wear so many ring! Such great stories about your rings!

Alex said...

i really like this post! it says so much about you, and i love that baby chomp is holding your hand in one of the pics! ...i want to hear the toe ring story!!

Summer Owens said...

Ooooo! I so love this post! I love rings as well and use to wear a ton. I still have some in my jewelry box but I never remember to put them on.
My husband picked out my wedding ring too and it's perfect!

Launi said...

Wow--I didn't know most of that stuff, and I was there for some of it. I just thought you were born with all those rings on...ok, I guess I would have noticed THAT.
But they seem to have been there forever!

Kristen M said...

i just want to tell you how awesome you are! you seriously have a gift for being the friendliest person on the planet. thanks for all your comments on my blog. you are a great commenter! i sent you my address on FB.