I've been watching with a lot interest as people, like my friend Summer, have been posting their amazing shopping deals. Heck, that girl has a whole blog about great deals, being prepared and giveaways. By watching the ads for sales and adding some super coupon skills, there are some INTENSE savings to be had. I'm still trying to figure out what sites to use, how to organize my coupons and how to make the best use of our money... because it's pretty easy to get distracted by a deal with a pretty face but not much else! ;) I admit I have been sucked in and bought things just because they are on sale. Yikes, I know. I'm working on it.
Hopefully, I'll become a Super Shopper soon. Until then, here is the deal I got the other day, while aspiring to be as awesome as Summer! It's acutally been a while since I've even been to the store... but I finally downloaded my pictures so here's my sweet bargain. Heh.
Wheat Thins... regular price $3.79... on sale (with in-store savings card) for $1.47
Triscuits... regular price $3.79... on sale for $1.47
Pop Tarts... regular price $2.79... on sale for $1.50 each
Root Beer Extract... regular price $4.99... on sale for $4.49
Regular Total before tax... $18.15
Sale Price before tax... $10.43
BUT WAIT... I used COUPONS!!! I had $1 off two poptarts, $1 off two crackers, and $1 off the extract... AND the week I used those there were 3 "double a manufacturers coupon" coupons in the ad!!! :) YAY!!!
$10.43 MINUS $6.00 in coupons...
Total before tax... $4.43 Tax... $.22
Grand Total = $4.65
4 comments:
Well you've made my day! I'm blushing!
Great transaction! You will get it down pat in no time!
Sweet! I didn't know that's how you got those. I really need to get better at paying attention to those kinds of bargains too.
Congrats Lyndi! Macey's is having a case lot sale now and Albertson's is having 10 for 10. My grocery budget is still the same size but Mal is going through a growth spurt. I need all the deals I can get!
Yes--that was a wonderful deal. Way to go smarty pants.
Post a Comment