Friday, July 31, 2009

Maybe I Forgot to Mention...



My family and I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago to New York! We were upstate in the Rochester area to begin with, and we ended up right the the heart of New York City. It was quite an adventure... to say the least! We decided to go because my sister was participating in the Hill Cumorah Pageant, and being the loving and supportive family that we are ;) we decided to go and cheer her on. We all needed a vacation anyway... it had been a while! I want to tell you ALL about it, but I have a feeling that it's going to take more than one post to do so! Sooo, consider this a teaser trailer for a few posts to come!

New York: 1 week, 3 planes, half-a-dozen seat changes, 400+ miles in 3 cars, 2 GPS systems, 2 hotels, 5 hotel rooms, 7 adults, 3 babies under 2, 1 million steps at least, 5,000 bottles of water (heh), 3 bouts of food poisoning (read: 3 sickly adults), 10+ scoops of ice cream, 3 dozen doughnuts, 2 pizza parlors, 23 slices of pizza, dozens of sights, 1 thousand pictures, 10 thousand tourists, a million memories... and more and more and more!


This was one fun trip! Get ready...



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! :)

Launi said...

Bab--by! That really sums it up. Now you can break it up and do a post on each of those things individually! HA!

katie+brandon said...

JEALOUS!

Loralee and the gang... said...

I want to go there someday! But since we'd be coming from Idaho, we'd go thru many more bottle of water, pizza parlors, doughnuts, airplanes, and hotel rooms! That Would be a trip of a lifetime!
:~D

Summer Owens said...

Yay! I was hoping to see your take on the adventure!

Hey if you ever want to visit D.C., you have a free place to stay you know. :)

LyndiLou said...

Oh Summer... you didn't really just say that, did you?!? ***:D*** Pretty sure that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Since I tend to travel in a herd of sorts... perhaps you could just be our tour-guide! ;)

Jillian said...

I know I'm really behind... but I LOVE that first picture. Ahh pageant.... good times!

Christi Williams said...

I love going to the Hill Cumorah Pageant,and seeing all the sites in New York. We have done it a few times now. What great memories!!
PS
You can visit my blog anytime you would like. And I would love an invite to your another blog.
CWilli838@aol.com