Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Epitaph for a Curling Iron...

Oh little orange curling iron... you will be missed.
I will think of you often. Daily even.
You curled my hair just right.
You warmed up so quickly.
And cooled down quickly too.
You were so orange.
I will miss your little red light telling me that you're on.
I will miss the dusty fallout that collected in your corners
because, honestly, who cleans a curling iron?
I will miss where my marker-colored, hair-sprayed braid
infused all sorts of color into your very skin...
er... metal.
Thank you for curling my hair.
Thank you for being so little and compact.
Thanks for not burning my house down.
I will think of you, little curling iron,
Your little switch forever near "off".
You will be missed.

Heh.

5 comments:

katie+brandon said...

are you sick of my comments yet?
You make me laugh. so hard.

Summer Owens said...

It must have been a darn good curling iron to evoke such sentiments. If only all hair products could pull that off.

Kathy said...

I love the color. Too bad you probably won't find one to match how great the old one was. Here's hoping!

April said...

Oh, so sad. Seriously, that curling iron...we go waaaay back.

Jillian said...

I would be laughing... only this is sad knowing how much you've used this! :(