Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh Sweet Easter...

Easter is sweet. It's cookies and chocolate, jelly beans and peanut butter,
cupcakes and more chocolate. It's baking and melting, eating and shopping.
It's hiding and finding, looking and sharing.

Easter is sweet. It calls out the new. It's plants and birds, dresses and shoes.

It's flowers and rainbows, seeds and buds.

It's sparkles and sunshine, curls and raindrops.

Easter is sweet. It reminds of potential for things big and small.
It's hope and faith. It's gone, but not forever.
It's waiting and working, trying and starting over,
doing better and working hard.
It's triumphant and kind, loving and forgiving.
It's arms open wide for you and me. For us.

Easter is sweet.



5 comments:

susette said...

That's such great poetry. I like it! Did you write it?

Jillian said...

So true. Easter is very sweet.

Love the new layout. It feels more you :)

Shauna said...

Awesome! ♥ HUGS ♥

LyndiLou said...

I did write it! :) I love Easter... and EVERY holiday really. Just trying to get down how I feel about it! I'm glad you liked it!

Shauna said...

Come over and see who won the Jenny Oaks Baker cd on my blog :)