I know I was late jumping on the Twilight bandwagon, but I must admit, that I'm glad I'm there!!! I remember first hearing about the books from a PartyLand corporate staff member and his daughter. The idea sounded ok, but not enough to really stick or make me go running out to grab the book.
Next, time Twilight and I met was not too long after the last Harry Potter book came out. I had gone with my sister early in the morning to wait in line for a wristband, to secure our place in line that night for the books. MAY be a week later a few of the girls from work had similar wristbands for the 3rd Twilight book. That left me realizing that the book was a lot bigger than I had realized. Still... didn't do anything about it.
Finally, this very summer, April came over and had said that she and Jacob had both read them and liked them and that we should do the same. She was reading the first book to my Mom out loud while I was home, and it sounded interesting. I didn't want her to get too far with it, because I hadn't read the first couple of chapters so I was a little behind. She told me to catch up to where they were and then we could read it all together. HOOKED. I started the book at noon that Wednesday and read well into the night. I fell asleep on the couch around 1 or 2am and then woke up again around 4:30 randomly... sooo I kept reading until I finished it! Just as everyone else was getting up... I was turning the last pages. WOW!!! I can't remember ever doing that. I mean... I love the Harry Potter series, and I devoured them as well... but I had caught the bug. I read the other 3 books before the next Tuesday. Crazy. That's the most reading I've done in a week in my entire life. It was fun. I felt intrigued and motivated to read more. I could NOT get Bella and Edward and their adventures off my mind. I gooshed over the way people loved and protected Bella, and thought more about my own relationships with people. I know there are plenty of folks out there that thought the books were lame, or juvenile, or too mature or poorly written... but enjoyed them all the same. Being raised by a Mom that writes will help you notice little things like repetitious words, but I can get over those things and see and feel the whole story. And. I admit it. I loved it!!!
I went on to steal April's job and kept reading the last couple of books to my Mom. I couldn't wait for her to get through them sooo we could share it all and emote together. It was fun not to just read them on my own, but I've really enjoyed having something to share with my family. I would really like it if we could talk Rhen and Nate into reading them now!
So... the love and excitement has not ended. The movie is coming out... SOON!!! In fact, the inspiration behind this post is just that. My Mom got us all tickets for the 11:59 showing on November 20th. WAHOO!!! I'm sooo excited!!! This movie looks great and I get to see it with most of my family!!! :) I hope they stick to the book as best they can. I know it's always different than how you imagine it, but I'm hopeful, as the trailors are doing a great job protraying the upcoming adventure!!!
So now you all know and better understand my new love of vampires, werewolves, and books by Stephanie Meyer! ;)

5 comments:
Oooh, I hadn't seen that first picture you posted before! So great! I didn't realize that you heard about Twilight so long ago. Wow. It's a lot more recent for me.
Hey, did you see the update about the listening parties at Hot Topic for the new CD? If not look at the home page. It's sweet.
Oh I am so exicited for the movie too. I don't have tickets like you, but am planning on going! Since you will see ti first you will have to tell me how it is.
Yay welcome to the side! ha ha I love you lyndi. I miss you at partyland. But i am excited to hear all about your new baby when it arrives! You make me happy and thanks for finding me :). i love reading the life of lyndi
Jillian... it's the picture the theater was using instead of the one that's EVERYwhere. I like it a lot too!!! :) Thelistening party here was last night I think... we'll just have to have our own when it comes out!!!
Kristen... I will tell you all about how I love it! ;) Next time you're up, we'll just have to all go and see it together! That could be fun!!!
Kat... Heh!!! I love you too!!! I actually really do miss PartyLand, but I know I wouldn't take care of myself the way I supposed to if I was still working ALL the time. I'm glad we're still friends though and I'll tell you about my baby!!! She's a butternut squash this week!!! ;)
i am so with you on these I books I love them so much! I can't wait to see the movie! The sound track comes out on November 4th! Can't wait!!!!
Post a Comment