Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!


I've noticed a couple of things this year.

1... I actually got to decorate my house.


2... I'm not really doing anything for Halloween.





This has been the first time, in my LIFE, that I have not been going to school or work on Halloween. Ever since I graduated from high school, I've been working and so I dress up and celebrate Halloween there. After work, I would come home and either attend/throw a party, or barely catch the couple of trick-or-treaters that would come around. Especially when I worked at PartyLand, it was hard for me to even be home enough during the time leading up to Halloween, that I barely got decorations up around the house. Halloween is usually the busiest holiday there.

This year, that's completely different. We've had our decorations up for a couple of weeks. I dressed up as the Dead Sea for my Aunts annual Halloween party, but I don't know what to do tonight. We went to the ward Trunk or Treat (a new and unusual experience for me...) and passed out all of the one bag of candy I bought, so Nate and I of course overly prepared by grabbing a bunch of different mini candy bars the last time we were at Target! :) We get the stuff we won't mind having as left-overs... a normally unspoken rule about candy shopping! ;) Hmmm. Sooo. That's it. I told Nate I think we should order a pumpkin-shaped pizza or something... but we'll have to see how that goes. It's the last day of the month (obviously) so that means he has to work late(R) finishing up end-of-month paper work. It will be interesting to see what happens.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a super fun day! Post pictures of your cute little kids and yourselves in costumes. Have some hot chocolate or apple cider to keep warm. AND... come trick-or-treat at my house!!! We've got plenty of treats for everyone! ;)


6 comments:

Kristen said...

Man, you two do have the good candy. Did you get a lot of trick or treaters even after you had a trunk or treat?

LyndiLou said...

Kristen... we actually did!!! I was surprised! We went through that whole bowl and only had maybe a dozen candy bars left. And I we were generally just giving the kids one treat! (At the trunk or treat I was giving them each a few). It's fun to have kids come around. I'm glad that people felt safe enough to come around! :) D

susette said...

Hey Lyndi I just realized something. There are no prego pictures of you on here. How far along are you? I think you should be proud and show off your belly.(covered of course)

LyndiLou said...

You know... it's funny ou say that because I've been thinking about that lately as well. Then... to my surprise... my Mom posted a little something on HERE website. It must be on our minds! ;) I'm almost 31 weeks... sooo I'm due in January some time! I'm still getting used to my tummy... but I'm REALLY excited about who's in there! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy Candy. I love you soooo much and had a lot of fun seeing you. Let's plan that girls night soon before you have your little one. I can't wait to see your baby shower invite.

Jillian said...

Oh I didn't see this before. The decorations were awesome though. I love how even at a holiday you manage to find a good color scheme and theme to go off on. It all matched, and looked wonderful.

And those candies... dang they look good. I wish we still had some left, or were young enough to still trick or treat :)