Thursday, November 20, 2008

33 Week Old Baby Chomp

9 months is almost a year. A year seems like a long time. I don't want to wait a year for something... that's FOREVER.

Or is it?!?

No. It's not.

I'm 33 weeks along in my pregnancy. The e-mail updates I get say my baby is the size of a pineapple. It's flown by. I'd like to think it's because I've tried quite consciously to be excited and positive about the whole experience. It hasn't been very hard. People generally want to share horror stories and the tragedies they've encoutered with birth and pregnancy and babies. Without being mean or insensitive, I've tried to shrug as much of that off as possible. I feel like that has helped me a lot.

I'm not scared about birth. I'm lucky to have a very supportive family. Nate is learning and growing right along with me (well... not physically... but that's not necessary!) My Mom is a HypnoBirthing childbirth education instructor, so she has helped me establish a very healthy and empowering view of everything. I listen to positive birth affirmations (when I remember) and Nate and I practice relaxation techniques. My sister had twins at the beginning of the year and she is a great example of stregth, patience and serenity. I'm only having one baby... and if I can do it with the ease and grace she had her two... I will consider myself successful! The rest of my family makes up a team of great cheerleaders. They encourage me, feed me, help me, spoil me, and just love me. And that's perfect!

I'm VERY excited to have my own little squishy baby to hold and love and play with. I'm still thinking, and hoping and praying that I will be a good Mom, that Nate and I will be good partners and parents and that "Baby Chomp" will be good, and kind, and healthy. I know I have a lot to learn... but I'm not scared. I'm planning for a wonderful birth experience... which should be the perfect introduction to My Symphony of Motherhood.

So. I'm 33 weeks along. My little girl will be here in less than 9 weeks. (I'm giving her plenty of cushion room.) Due dates are only an estimate anyway. She's coming in January... whenever she wants! :) I only care that she's healthy and happy.

Sooo, since I know she's coming... soon... I'll wait. As long as she needs me too.

15 comments:

Jillian said...

"My Symphony of Motherhood" is a perfect way to put that. Works beautifully with the photo too :)

susette said...

Oh Lyndi you are soooooo extremely blessed with all the family and support behind you. I was so nervous with my first too but I think it was more because of the unknown. You probably know more than you want to with all the great examples that have gone before. You will be and do awesome I'm sure. You are darling and will be the bestest mommy ever, I'm sure of that!! That baby is gonna love you to pieces ♥♥

Kristen said...

You are going to be a great mom! I can't believe you are getting so close. BTW did you ever get a highchair because I have a really nice Eddie Bauer one that I am getting rid of and if you don't have one you are welcome to it.

LyndiLou said...

Ohhh!!! THANKS you guys! I really hope I'll be a good Mom! I want to be sooo that's a good start, right?!? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for baby Chompy!(And all the hairbows!) Ha ha. Then all the babies can be bestest friends!

Oh, and I think once the babyboo is born you've got a new blog title (My Symphony of Motherhood). :)

LyndiLou said...

Thanks April! :) I'm excited too!!! Of course our babies will be friends... if your babies don't eat my baby! ;) HA ha ha!!! She's gonna need a lot of hair bows and head bands, huh!

Maybe I'll have to do a baby blog called that! :)

Launi said...

You're going to be the sweetest mom in the world. I can't wait to see this sweet baby girl. Maybe she'll look just like you only with red hair! That would be so great! I love you...

Loralee and the gang... said...

I found your blog and loved this story - I will leave you a comment so that I'm not just a lurker!
I am one of the few who actually liked being pregnant...7 times...but mine are spread out - ages 5 to 25 - built-in babysitters go a long way to keeping things sane. Anyway, sounds like you are enjoying your pregnancy, too, and that helps so much when you are sleep-deprived afterwards. Something that I wish that I had known before my first baby was born: When you wake up in the middle of the night to go pee, wake yourself up completely, and then learn how to go back to sleep quickly. Getting used to having my sound sleep interupted was the hardest part of being a new mom.

Have Fun!

LyndiLou said...

Loralee... Thanks for your comment!!! I would MUCH rather hear from someone I don't know and get to know them... instead of just wondering about who reading! So thanks! :) How great to think of a veteran Mom who can still be so positive about everything! PERFECT!!! :) That's my goal!

Loralee and the gang... said...

You're welcome! There are many times I wish I could live the 'young married' part of my life all over again. I enjoyed it then, but if I could do it over, I would do everything better, try harder, and focus on enjoying everything more. So...you do that for me! :D
(and I do try to leave comments on the blogs I lurk on. We all love comments...)

Ali Walston said...

You are quite the linguist. I'm so excited for you and your cute little family. And...of course...you will be a great mom. I can't believe how quickly 9 weeks will come. I love you so much.

LyndiLou said...

ALI!!! *:D* Thanks for the comment and vote of confidence! I love you too!!!

Sooo YOU have a blog!?! It looks like it's private sooo if it's ok I'd love to be able to check it out if you don't mind allowing me!

in time out said...

what a great picture idea. why couldn't i think of that, actually the shadow would have filled the frame. well, anyhow. take care, enjoy, and good luck ♥

in time out said...

thanks for the comment. i still love that picture..coool...good luck. You will do great. WHEN are you due? okay, few weeks. enjoy the holidays. HAVE FUN. and congrats.

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Your blog is really interesting... Good Luck... You are welcomed to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''